[PD] Re: windows: mingw32 compilation issues

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Apr 27 10:48:19 CEST 2006

Let's keep this on the list since its of general interest.

On Apr 26, 2006, at 2:25 PM, Damian Stewart wrote:

> hey
>
> i'm getting a bunch of issues compiling pd from cvs for windows using
> mingw32. i've followed the instructions at your how-to over at
> https://puredata.org/docs/developer/mingw
>
> and am now up to the 'make' stage. just running 'make' gives me errors
> related to being unable to find sys/socket.h. so i add -DMSW to
> MORECFLAGS in the makefile, which fixes that, but gives me

Which makefile?  There are many.

> s_file.c:33: error: initializer element is not constant
>
> instead. s_file.c line 33 is:
>
> t_symbol *sys_flags = &s_;
>
> any idea what might be causing this?

An actually copy-n-paste of the compilation transcript is more
helpful.  Which version of Pd are you compiling?  0.39.2?  the latest
in CVS?

____

            "The arc of history bends towards justice."
                                            - Dr. Martin Luther King,
Jr.