[PD] PDDP meeting?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue May 2 05:17:30 CEST 2006

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Apr 2006, Tim Blechmann wrote:
> > On Sun, 2006-04-30 at 12:58 -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > > asked about, even though I think that Pd has more holes than almost
> > > all programming languages.
> > such as? (i'm honestly curious, what you're thinking about)
>
> Abstraction arguments are shittier in Pee Dee than in BASH (Bourne Shell).
> At least they're on par with those of .BAT files. The only two levels
> below that one are called GOSUB and GOTO.

I was a bit in a hurry when I wrote it so I only gave one example, but
here are some more:

Pd doesn't have strings. Using symbols as strings is a
memory-leak-by-design. If I had the choice between only symbols and only
strings, I'd pick only strings.

Pd doesn't have error handling, even for such situations as file-not-found
and no-method-for. (GW-BASIC had ON ERROR GOTO and RESUME; shells have
error codes; ColorLOGO had nothing at all but did fit in 8k of ROM)

But I'm sure that you could add to that list.