[PD] PDDP meeting?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue May 2 06:13:50 CEST 2006

On Tue, 2 May 2006, Chris McCormick wrote:

> It is pretty frustrating though, after we had such a civil email
> exchange about the advantages of considering puredata as a programming
> language and trying to fit Pd into various paradigms, to have you
> completely misrepresent and mock the other side of the argument in such
> a ridiculous fashion. Let's agree on more mature discussion from now on.

Here are the two last messages in the "object lib" thread on pd-dev:

  http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2006-04/006675.html
  http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2006-04/006678.html

So here we see that the justification for your side of the argument is so
personal and subjective that you won't say what it is. Well, if I don't
know what it is, I don't know how I could even manage to mock it.

Else, if instead you mean mocking your position... if there are many
people who say patching is not programming (as you say in your appeal to
popularity) then you shouldn't know whether I'm making a strawman out of
your opinion or mocking someone else whom I met in bar last week and who
isn't reading pd-list.

But then, I'm not even sure how what I said (to David Powers) was really
different from what you expressed (i suppose that we're only talking about
my paragraph labeled "first"). It seemed to follow your idea quite
closely, even though when I wrote it without bothering to reread the old
mails and without remembering it was you who wrote it.

I would like that those who care, go read the original thread, and they'll
figure by themselves how appropriate it is to use the words "misrepresent"
and "mock" and "ridiculous fashion" on me.