[PD] Key triggers

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed May 3 10:15:06 CEST 2006

Peter Forde wrote:
> Is it possable to set the keyboard keys up so they trigger specific
> bangs. ie When I press "H" it triggers a piece of video..

yes it's possible.

but how?
hmm, let's think: which object could do that? grabbing the
keyboard...[keyboard]? argh, couldn't create; what now? actually i don't
want the entire "keyboard" but just "keys", lets try [keys] - argh,
couldn't create either; try [key]..couldn't..no wait this does
something, let's have a look at the help.

alternative:
hmm, let's think: which object could do that? grabbing the
keyboard...[keyboard]? argh, couldn't create; what now? it really
*should* be called keyboard, let's have a look at the list of objects
(right-click on canvas, select "help"); it might be in here, but i
cannot search this text-file, so forget it (ok, i could copy'n'paste the
entire file into a text-editor and use the search in there, but who
cares); what now? hmm, most objects have a help patch, so go to
doc/5.reference/; whoa! there's a LOT of objects;
keyboard,keyboard..let's have a look at "k", hmm: "key-help.pd" what's
that, never heard of it, probably something useless; anyhow, i'll have a
look at it, maybe it can serve me another time...

mfg.as.dr.
IOhannes