[PD] Re: Is this supposed to happen?

dafydd hughes dafydd at sideshowmedia.ca
Wed May 3 22:08:46 CEST 2006

Frank and Cyrille, thanks for your replies.  As much time as I spend
with my head inside pd, (which is a lot, my wife tells me...) I stilll
find myself regularly stumped, often by pd's idiosyncracies, but more
often by basic logical and programming principles that I'm still
coming to understand.  With the folks on this list and their
generosity with knowledge, I feel like I'm in good hands.

I should mention that the original idea was to figure out how to break
a loop with a bang - I just wanted to read sound file names using
textfile and stop at the end.  For some reason it seems more difficult
in pd than in other languages.  Ah well.  More learnin' to do.

cheers
dafydd

www.sideshowmedia.ca