[PD] Re: Sarcasm

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu May 4 10:24:19 CEST 2006

geiger wrote:
> On Wed, 3 May 2006, Charles Henry wrote:
>
>> yes, that was pretty sarcastic... I think a sarcastic tutorial is a great idea.
>> wait a minute...no one knows what I'm saying...what is this some kind of
>> text based forum that can't encode inflections?
>
> The problem is that such a message has several interpretations, it might
> be
> - insulting (to the one who asked the question)
> - funny
> - express shortcomings in how pd works
> - explain how to look for objects
> - ...
>
> The list should be a place where questions can be asked without fearing
> that someone makes fun of you in public, which was my interpretation of
> the message.

i definitely did not want to make fun of peter or anyone else. if he
felt insulted, i feel sorry and apologize.

what i did try was to encourage people (in general) to look out for
built-in objects.

and obviously i forgot puredatabase (most likely because this option for
finding option lies somewhat within my responsibility):
hmm, let's think: which object could do that? grabbing the
keyboard...let's search the pdb..
http://pd.iem.at/pdb/query.html?all=y&alb=y&qry=keyboard ... hmm, no
object found;

note to myself: put a HUGE error message on the pdb-website that it is
out of order and doesn't find _any_ object.

mfg.adr.
IOhannes