[PD] emulating early video synths - sync

Paris Treantafeles paris at parisgraphics.com
Thu May 4 19:08:47 CEST 2006

Hi Kyle and List,

On second thought, it might take a while for me to get back to
putting this all together with the earlier patches so attached is
just a simple experiment.
No big deal - it takes two oscillators and puts them into RGB.

To use this:
1. hit destroy/create+DSP on the left.

2. activate the toggle (green of the left oscillator).
use the slider to adjust a frequency of some horizontal (ish) bars.
(maybe around ~20)
start the metro to "freeze" the image.

3. turn off the oscillator and do the same with the osc on the right
but go for something like vertical bars.
maybe around 16000.

4. turn them both on now to see the combined result.
a circular pattern.

if you now modulate either oscillator you will get some motion but it
will be more controlled.

A final video synth would have a variety of oscillators to choose
from, a mixer for adjusting the amplitudes of each waveform, filters
and other "pix_" operations, e.g. invert, etc.
There's a ton of ways to go with this.

Best,