[PD] midi limitations

derek holzer derek at x-i.net
Fri May 5 17:47:13 CEST 2006

Hi Ash,

AshK wrote:

> I'd like to know if there is a way to force ctlin to accept values
> greater than 127?

Is your MIDI controller REALLY sending messages with higher precision
than 0-127? The only way I thought that was possible with the hardware
MIDI spec was by using the pitchbend controller, which uses two channels
for double-precision AFAIK. So, you could try to use bendin and send the
information as a pitchbend message which has higher resolution than a
continuous controller. Or you could split the data onto different CC
channels and sum them together. Or you could find someone to modify the
ctlin object to make it do what you want.

best,
d.

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl