[PD] pidip problem "configure error: screen captures requires Imagemagick library"

Robert Scott lists at riscott.ukfsn.org
Sat May 6 03:17:35 CEST 2006

Hi there,

To be able to build imagemagick programs you need to have the libmagick9-dev
package installed. Traditionally on debian (and many other distros) it's
assumed that you won't want to be compiling things yourself, so the required
headers etc. are split out into a -dev package to save disk space & download
time.

And yes, libmagick9-dev is quite an obscure name for it.

robert.