[PD] splitting a symbol into individual characters & ascii
Thomas Ouellet Fredericks
iamonthebeach at gmail.com
Mon May 8 01:16:36 CEST 2006
I am trying to make a pair of abstractions for serial communication:
1) pd2ascii: converts any message into ascii codes
2) ascii2pd: converts ascii codes into any message
ascii2pd is done and working, but pd2ascii is difficult to implement because
there is no efficient way to split a symbol into it's individual elements as
list b o b
1) ascii library but it is not maintained anymore and has some bugs.
2) ascseq but it is scheduled so structures like the following are
[t b a]
[13< [ascseq 0]
It will output "65,13,65,65,65" instead of the expected "65,65,65,65,13"
3) Toxy but it suffers the same limitations as ascseq
Anyone have any suggestions for try number 4?
More information about the Pd-list