Pd social aspects (Re: [PD] PDDP meeting?)

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Mon May 8 12:29:05 CEST 2006

On Mon, 8 May 2006, Chris McCormick wrote:
> people have just let the patches languish. One of the ones that makes me
> sad is your tool tips patch - how cool it would be if inlets had tooltips!

Yeah, I liked them too :) It is more a question of limited time and
motivation. I just have too many branches of Pd related work going on
which are not finished. I still think the patch is worth something, as
people can see what it needs to implement such a feature, and there is
an explanation by Miller how to do it correctly, without changing
the pd base class.

There are other things that I would like to see, like a "debug cursor",
where you can go to every outlet with the cursor and just listen to what
is coming out and/or print it automatically to the console.

Actually the features tracker would be the right place to put these ideas,
maybe someone finds the time to implement them.

Günter