[PD] Re: Fwd: another developer
João Miguel Pais
jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Mon May 8 14:00:08 CEST 2006
I am João Miguel Pais, and some of you might know me from my (mostly)
questions in the list.
I guess it's part of protocol to tell something about me, so here it is:
- I studied composition in Lisbon, London and Freiburg (Germany), where I
- I worked with Csound, Max-MSP, and later Pd
- I am not a C programmer, so my work is in the form of abstractions.
Since I am using Pd everytime ofter, I try to implement higher-level
objects, so that repeated operations will be easier to do (openfile
dialogs, editing GUIs, level metering, etc. etc.). I would like to learn C
and go deeper, but I didn't had time/courage until now (but there's still
- I work on windows, but am now going slowly to ubuntu (as you might have
learned by some angry frustrated mails some weeks ago).
- My work plattform is an IBM Thinkpad R51 (1.6 Ghz, 1G RAM), RME Hdspa
card + Multiface, Behringer BCF2000, and some other smaller stuff. In
windows I worked with the "official" version and maintained it myself, but
since I am going to use Pd simultaneously on both win and lin, I'm
changing to pd-ext (as it is already post-0.39)
- My main interests / uses of Pd nowadays are for my own personal work:
with composition (eithter Tape or live-electronics), and improvisation (as
part of the Laptop trio Endphase - www.endphase.net)
[- To earn money I work nowadys as a notesetter (Sibelius); I am planning
on moving to Berlin after the Summer.]
- my Pd page is in http://www.puredata.org/Members/jmmmp
if any other information is required, let me know.
João Miguel Pais
>> Since we are on the topic, I'd like to propose adding Joao Miguel Pais
>> as a developer. I am here in Zürich working with him, and he's got a
>> lot of really nice GOP objects that should be included.
>> Also, his GUI-edit program made me realize that we should be making all
>> of the Properties and Pd-specific app panes in Pd itself. Max does
>> this, and I think it makes good sense that Pd should too.
>> So I'll leave it to Joao to introduce himself and wait for the
>> obligatory waiting period.
More information about the Pd-list