[PD] Pd stuck at launching on Terminal

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Wed May 10 20:39:48 CEST 2006

On May 10, 2006, at 12:37 PM, Kyle Klipowicz wrote:
> (notably the experimental DesireData), but maybe this is more of a
> problem with 0.39-2 on OSX in general.  Has anyone else had this
> problem?

...I'm running 0.39-2 on osx without problems, so I wouldn't say it's
a general thang...

> On 5/10/06, Sylvain Le Beux <slebeux at limsi.fr> wrote:
>> kecak:/Applications/pd-0.39-2/src slebeux$ pd
>> *(blocked)
>> (1rst Ctrl+C)*
>> ^CPd: signal 2
>> Pd: signal 2
>> closing audio...
>> closing MIDI...
>> closing audio...
>> ... done.

...ok, I'm not sure why you're trying to run pd from a src directory,
usually you will want to've done "make install", which places the
binaries in a bin/ within a directory that can be selected with
something like "configure --prefix=":  by default I believe it's "/
usr/local"...

...anyway, is there a dir /Applications/pd-0.39-2/bin?  and does it
have a pd, pdreceive, pdsend?  And also is there a pd-0.39-2/lib/pd/
bin, which should contain pd-watchdog, pd.tk, and pdtcl?  If not,
then you must do make install...

>> Has anyone an idea of what going wrong ? Any help appreciated.
>> (And, of course, do not advise me to get binaries : I want to be
>> able to
>> run it from Terminal after compiling)

...you can always run the binary version from the command line by
explicitly including the path to the app bundle's binary...ie. if you
have /Applications/pd.app, then you could launch this from terminal
with:

machine:/ shell$ ./Applications/pd.app/Contents/MacOS/pd