[PD] can't load Gem on ubuntu-linux

fotografo fotobooks at yahoo.es
Thu May 11 18:18:55 CEST 2006

Hello,

I installed pd and  Gem on ubuntu-linux with synaptic,
but I get this at running pd:

reading startup file: /home/francois/.pdrc
couldn't open alsa sequencer
/dev/dsp (read/write): Device or resource busy
(now will try write-only...)
/dev/dsp (writeonly): Device or resource busy
/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux:
/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
vorbis_info_clear
Gem: can't load library

This suppose I have differents errors, but the thing
is I'am trying to load Gem, first. I tried writing in
the startup and in the path, and then I tried creating
a .pdrc file with this:

-path /usr/lib/pd/extra
-path /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux
-path /usr/lib/pd/doc/gem
-lib Gem

But I am still with the same problem. How to load
library.
Is someone using pd on linux has an idea? Thank you
very much.

François