[PD] tcpclient

Martin Peach martinrp at alcor.concordia.ca
Thu May 11 19:11:46 CEST 2006

For anyone interested in playing with tcp, I have uploaded a first try
at [tcpclient] here:
http://puredata.info/Members/martinrp/netobjects along with a help patch.
It's based on Olaf Matthes' [netclient] but like my other net objects,
works with bytes instead of pd messages.
Please let me know if you have any problems or feature requests.
Note that if you you try [print] -ing a long (kB) message as output by
[tcpclient] (like a webpage) pd will hang for several minutes probably
because of the pd-tcl bottleneck...it's probably more useful for short
messages such as OSC or telnet. The [dump 1( message will print received
data to the main window and is much faster.

Martin