[PD] tcpserver and tcpclient

Martin Peach martinrp at alcor.concordia.ca
Fri May 12 21:26:16 CEST 2006

<true facts>
I just posted [tcpserver] and an updated [tcpclient] (with help files) here:

https://puredata.info/Members/martinrp

They're known to work on WinXP so far, I'll try compiling on linux next;
I don't have any OSX. The dlls were built with Visual C++ 2005 so they
might not work with a pd built with MinGW. I'm using Miller's pd 0.39-2.
</true facts>

<idle_speculation>
I should be able to merge these into a single [tcp] that accepts
connections as well as initiating them.
It seems not useful to do the same for udp because udp is not a
connection-oriented protocol -- you can send messages back and forth on
separate sockets without any problem using [udpsend] and [udpreceive],
so probably [udp] would be a combination of [udpsend] and [udpreceive].
</idle_speculation>

Martin