[PD] finding which instance executes first

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon May 15 13:36:24 CEST 2006

I am about to start working on the [hid] v2 stuff, and I just had a
thought.  Is there any way to find out which instance of an object
executes first?

My idea is to have the first instance of the [hid] object do the reading
of event data from the OS and write it to memory.  Then every other
instance will just output the data from memory.  But in order for this to
work properly, the first instance to execute needs to do the
data-getting.

Another idea is to have a boolean flag set when the first instance reads
the data from the OS, then at the beginning of each message processing
cycle, that flag would be reset to false.

hmm...

.hc

 	zen
 	   \