[PD] Standalone app, ID3 tagging, classification.

David Plans Casal main at davidcasal.com
Thu May 18 02:00:49 CEST 2006

On 17 May 2006, at 21:23, derek holzer wrote:

>> how to build standalone PD apps?
>
> there was lots of discussion on this topic, from a technical and
> "philosophical" standpoint. The threads in question would be:

Thanks Derek...

The main problem with my project is that the batch processing needs
to be done by people used to windows tools. I've been allowed to use
Open Source software with the condition that it won't impair their
working habits, so I thought I'd see if people have come up with
fancier ways of packaging PD applications for Windows than a .bat
file...

I wish I could just distribute a PD patch, but I have to at least try
to make it as easy as possible for the testers.

In any case, does anyone have any thoughts on how to achieve what the
tool has to do (nevermind how to present it)?

The objectives were:

> I need to build a sound file batch processing application which
> will do the following:
>
> 	a) Perform BPM detection and classification (from verySlow or
> Adagio, to veryFast or Prestissimo, in 3 points)
> 	b) Amplitude classification (from verySoft to veryLoud in 3 points)
> 	c) Tag soundfiles with ID3 tags that contain the information
> gleaned above (maybe in the ID3 comment tag)

Ciao,

David Plans Casal
Researcher, UEA Studios
d.casal at uea dot ac dot uk