[PD] GridFlow 0.8.3 ruby bindings problem

olsen olsen at konsum.net
Thu May 18 17:52:40 CEST 2006

Buenas
I configured gridflow succesfully - on 'make' my laptop starts sweating
and unfortunately after a while i got
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lruby
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [gridflow.so] Error 1
though i've configured succesfully with ruby1.9 ./configure --gem-source
/home/olsen/gem-0.888.orig/Gem/src/
and ldconfig did his job too...
anyone got onto this problem before?
thanks in advance & salutis
olsen

Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

>     http://gridflow.ca/download/gridflow-0.8.3.tar.gz
>

> version 0.8.3 (2006.04.02):
>
>  * added Makefile rules for downloading+installing ruby 1.9
>  * new numops: weight rol ror
>  * new vecops concept helps with complex numbers
>  * new vecops: C.* C.*conj C./ C./conj C.sq- C.abs-
>  * [#convolve]: added attr "wrap", "anti"
>  * [#inner]: faster!
>  * [#shunt]: added attr index,mode,lo,hi
>  * now also works with older (non-CVS) versions of GEM
>  * new object classes: [#fastblur], [#t], [#rgb_to_rgba], [#rgba_to_rgb],
>    [#change], [#swap], [#polygon_perimetre], [#polygon_area], [args],
>    [#gamma], [#saturation]
>  * now autodetects the .gz suffix (goes with ppm/targa/grid formats)
>  * moved the rest of pd_help/ to doc/flow_classes/
>  * automatic attribute generator for Ruby

> | Mathieu Bouchard - tél:+1.514.383.3801 - http://artengine.ca/matju
> | Freelance Digital Arts Engineer, Montréal QC Canada

"Loosing is like winning, only the other way round."
Marc-Kevin Goellner