[PD] Gem : many files with [pix_film], sync, etc.

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Fri May 19 21:54:19 CEST 2006

Yes, I use it all the time.

But then, I have a synchronization problem : v33.readvf is based on
the frame rate for its playback speed. As the frame rate changes
according to the amount of effects you put together (!!!), I cannot
get a sync between 2 films on 2 different computers. Therefore, I am
working on changing v33.readvf's frame rate control for a UDP
broadcasted bang, with a spigot to play/pause the film. Should be
pretty easy.

Thomas, while you are here, I was wondering if you used dynamic
patching in this abstraction because opening many films with the same
instance of pix_film caused you some troubles ? Is it to avoid the
time it takes to load a film, or because it is unstable ?

Thanks !!

aalex