[PD] value object

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sat May 20 07:09:22 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Peter Plessas hat gesagt: // Peter Plessas wrote:

> yes, thought about this behavior as well today :-) and figured that
> [value] is meant to be combined with a global [r update] which lets all
> objects output at a change. But somehow this seems complicated, well...
> On the other side one rarely uses [value] anyway.

[value] is like a detached, remote right inlet of [float] and [value]
is like a one-element [table]. However it's not a send/receive. It
could be made to act like one with a little abstraction, but then you
soon realize, that maybe you don't want to restrict yourself to just
sharing one float, but want to store lists and symbols and then you
start wrapping [list] with send/receive instead of decorating [value]
and then finally you end up with where I also ended with [ssssad]. ;)

Ciao