[PD] tabwrite bug?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun May 21 05:55:15 CEST 2006

On Sat, 20 May 2006, thewade wrote:

> I think the problem is not gui refresh rate, provided I understand the
> situation corectly. Objects without the tilde (~) in them work at a
> slower rate then the signal rate objects - the tilde objects.

That's not the problem either. There are two problems: first, the refresh
rate of the mouse is not fine enough to have the mouse really visit
contiguous pixels; second, the gui refresh rate slows down Tcl/Tk, such
that Tcl/Tk may get several mouse events in a burst if one screen refresh
takes too long, and I suppose that Tcl/Tk keeps only the most recent one.