[PD] [comport] changes

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon May 22 15:59:01 CEST 2006

Just an FYI: I have been working on [comport].  I added Piotr
Majdak's Windows improvements and that's working well.  Plus I made
the port device name generation dynamic.  On Windows, its just "COM"
plus the device #, on UNIX platforms, its a glob pattern, so it
numbers them based on which are available.  Also, the [devicename
( message now directly opens the port rather than setting a port # to
that device name.

I hope I didn't step on anyone's toes (I checked with Wini before),
but I think it'll work much better now.

____

publicity.

                       - Bill Moyers