[Pd] OT- FFT and human auditory cortex

Chuckk Hubbard badmuthahubbard at gmail.com
Wed May 24 09:25:43 CEST 2006

I came across this fact researching my final paper for Perception
class: the left auditory cortex is known to resolve temporal changes
in sound better, while the right auditory cortex resolves tonal and
harmonic information more finely.  As soon as I read this I thought of
FFT.  Could it be the difference between the brain hemispheres is
related to the auditory cortices having different block sizes?

"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt