[PD] Re: EDIROL UA-101. Am I helpless?

Arnold Krille arnold.krille at gmail.com
Wed May 24 15:35:47 CEST 2006

Hi,

2006/5/24, Julian Villegas <julovi at yahoo.com>:
> I've been trying to configure an Edirol UA-101 in WinXp to use it with Pd
> (0.38.4-extended-RC8), and although the sound is pretty neat, the latency is
> about 70ms (!!!) ...

That UA is an usb-interface?

Well, with linux and (some little) tweaking I can us my usb-interface
with ~16ms latency. With Windows (I only tried ASIO's automatic) I
only get latencies worse than 500ms...

There are some problems with certain usb-chips that need more tweaking
and customised drivers. So it might be that you can't get any better
on Win...

Have a nice day,

Arnold

--