[PD] Re: [PD-announce] PWM in Pd

derek at x-i.net derek at x-i.net
Thu May 25 20:36:19 CEST 2006

Hi HC,

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> I should say, I forgot that PWM was used in synthesis some, so I was
> thinking about electronics and control when I was talking about PWM.
> That's why my PWM objects are tailored towards, but should work fine in
> the audio context too, unless you need the wandering DC offset.

But this is still not bandwidth-limited, is it? So it's use for audio
would also be limited to situations where either you would use the PWM for
controlling a "proper" audio oscillator, or where you don't really give a
scheiss about aliased frequencies and audio birdies.

I haven't checked your [square~] yet, but if it is antialiased it would
fill a big missing void in PD's audio arsenal.

Otherwise, I still suggest to use the BLOP plugins for LADSPA with
[plugin~], which sound about as real as you can get, but still only seems
to work under Linux.

best,
d.

--