[PD] Re: [PD-announce] PWM in Pd

padawan12 padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Fri May 26 11:39:18 CEST 2006

Very true. The DC blockers in most s/c are going to be limiting.
But there's no reason to assume people using Pd for more serious
experimental applications won't use correct DAC hardware. I think
its very exciting to see the emergence of Pd as an application
for wider research in engineering, rapid prototyping etc and I
applaud HC for thoroughness and attention to detail in the code.
The beauty of sw over hw is extensibility, on a 64 bit system
you could use this to position a radio telescope or whatever, far
beyond the grain you'd ever get with 7bit microcontrollers.