[PD] switch16 abstraction

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Fri May 26 00:24:27 CEST 2006

The other approaches are interesting too - for the way I patch things
though, I do think mine's quicker... ie. with this abstraction I don't have
to do any typing. I like the new version too, although it would have taken
me longer to debug and correctly deploy Frank's version.

The arrays may be unnecessary in one sense, and yet as someone with a little
programming background, it's quicker for me to conceptualize a design that
uses an array. If I went for Frank's approach I'm sure it would have taken
me twice as long (but we know Frank is the guru when it comes to using
lists!). I see how helpful lists are, but I haven't 100% internalized the
list operations and all the list-abs that are available, as opposed to other
PD objects.\

Thanks for sharing, everyone.

~David