[PD] table size limit

Alexis Baskind Alexis.Baskind at ircam.fr
Fri May 26 16:53:18 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to use Miller's excellent phase-locked vocoder on a big sound
file (i.e. some 20 minutes on 2 channels). My problem is that "table", in
which the audiofile is supposed to be loaded, does not seem to afford
sizes bigger than some 1.700.000 elements, which is due to a 24 bits
adressing I guess. The problem occurs even when including the 'maxsize'
option in soundfiler (in fact this limitation is inherent to table itself,
and seems to have nothing to do with soundfiler) Is there a means to
overcome this limit ?

Alexis