[PD] Re: [PD-announce] Pd compiled for imac

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun May 28 01:27:37 CEST 2006

On May 28, 2006, at 12:54 AM, Miller Puckette wrote:

> OK, sounds like I have to figure out how to make fat binaries... (I
> don't think the subdirectory idea is all that great because I'd have
> to change  Pd to look in them and then new externs wouldn't work in
> old
> versions of Pd.)

I mean just for distributing them.  People would just copy them in
the current directory layout.  That's how I've distributed
multiple .pd_linux files in the past.

> On the other hand, if I can figure out fat binaries I can get away
> without
> releasing separate "apps" for the two architectures.  So this would be
> a Good Thing.

This is a much better solution than making .pd_imac or whatever.  To
reiterate, .pd_linux has worked fine on that platform with many
archs, I see no reason why Mac OS X needs two file extensions.

.hc