[PD] readanysf compile problems

august august at develop.ment.org
Mon May 29 03:57:28 CEST 2006

> Hello all,
>
> I tried compliling readanysf today. It was going along fine until I got:
>

> g++  -DFLEXT_SYS=2  -DFLEXT_THREADS -DFLEXT_SHARED -DFLEXT_NOGLOBALNEW
> -DREAD_VORBIS     -DREAD_FLAC  -L/usr/local/lib -ldl -shared -o
> readanysf~.pd_linux  Fifo.o Input.o InputFile.o InputStream.o ReadRaw.o
> Readsf.o main.o ReadMad.o ReadVorbis.o ReadFlac.o -lflext  -lpthread
> -lsamplerate  -lflext  -logg -lvorbis -lvorbisfile     -lFLAC
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lflext
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[2]: *** [readanysf~.pd_linux] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/david/pd/externals/august/readanysf~/src'
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/david/pd/externals/august/readanysf~'
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> On FC4 w/ CCRMA packages (but compiled flext 0.5.0 myself, not CVS).
>
> Any ideas? Do I need an older version of flext?

it just looks like the compilation cannot link agains the flext lib.

where did you install flext?   /usr/local/lib?

did you edit /etc/ld.so.conf  so that /usr/local/lib is in the library
search path?

did you run ldconfig as root after that?

if you can compile other flext externals, this one should work too.