[PD] M-audio Quattro not working with PD anymore

kristof lauwers pd at kristoflauwers.domainepublic.net
Mon May 29 10:34:45 CEST 2006

hi again,

replying to myself..

This morning i had the genius idea (inspired by previous experiences with
my USB memory stick) of trying to plug in the M-Audio Quattro in another
USB slot, and gues what.. everything's working fine now!
So it looks like the problem was with the soundcard rather then with PD.
Still it's strange that the card was working fine with other software.

I find it intriguing how the soundcard first worked, then stopped doing so
(without any hardware changes), now is working again just by plugging it
into another slot (while i had tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it
before, but in the same slot!) - anyone has some insight on how this can
happen? (guess i don't have to mention my OS anymore. for completeness:
yes, it's WinXP :-/)

greetings,

kristof