[PD] arduino-help.me.please.pd [gadlletas]

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue May 30 09:02:04 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> To make Pd do this is message space, you could change the block size to
> a very small amount.  I wonder if this would work...

no, i am pretty sure it won't work.
1st because pd's synchronous scheduling is (at lesat: used to be when i
last looked at it which is several versions ago) always at 64samples. if
you have 32samples block~sizes, then you will just schedule 2 blocks
each 64samples cycle. it is really the dacblocksize that defines the
minimum reaction time. some months or years ago i posted a patch where
you could set the dacblocksize at runtime.
2nd because the message system is basically asynchronous.

probably a good idea would be a [comport~] external.

mfg.adsr.
IOhannes