[PD] xorg7 strange gem behaviour

Andre Schmidt andre at osku.de
Tue May 30 21:21:35 CEST 2006

i had radeon9200 month ago, and the only thing i got working under
ubuntu dapper (with xorg7) was glxgears... (or was it fglrxgears)

xgl, tuxracer and torcs didnt work, was not rendered correctly.
like, xgl allways just showed the last contest of "vram",
tuxracer didnt render the world and torcs was missing the road and
car :). but i didnt test gem back then...

now i have nvidia6600 (or similar) and all above works...

i remember hearing (on the ubuntu irc channel, so info may just be
flame;) that the ati drivers where not ok...

maybe try other (older) ati drivers, if possible.

-andre