[PD] Re: pyext problem?

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Wed May 31 09:34:13 CEST 2006

Hi Michael,
this seems to be a Python question and i'm really not an expert, but i'm
guessing the following:
in the working example you have the "for i in orchestra" loop which
assigns values (by exec) to x1 and x2, which means they are defined in
the module (you can check this with "print dir()" after the loop). This
is not the case in the doesnt example.
In the Test class then you are again trying to use x1 and x2 (exec
"x1.setVal(...)"), which are not defined in the doesnt example. I'm
wondering though why you don't need a "global x1,x2" in the working
example, but i guess that's some secret Python magic.....

PS. Thanks, yes i'm well and busy as ever - all the best for you too!

Michael Iber schrieb:
> Hi Thomas,
> I quite don't understand why one of the attached programs is working
> while the other doesn't. My stupidity or something strange with pyext?
> Hope you are well, thanks,
> Michael
Thomas Grill