[PD] socket programming for netreceive

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 8 16:31:41 CEST 2006

hi

PSPunch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Could I please get some advise or pointers on how to send
> variables to the netreceive box ?

the protocol used is "FUDI"

>>From the fact that "netreceive" accepts UDP, I am assuming
> there is no complicated negotiation involved.

no there is not.

FUDI (i guess you won't find much information in the net about it)  is
very simple:
open the connection to the port (either tcp/ip or udp)
send the data as ASCII with a trailing semicolon (and probably a
carriage return; but this is not a must afair)

example (having a [netreceive 6666] on localhost):

#> telnet localhost 6666
var1 3;
var1 4.1;
var2 hello;

should make [netreceive] output [var1 3(, [var1 4.1( and [var2 hello(

mf.asdr.
IOhannes