[PD] Re: Question regarding PDuino patch

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Jun 18 20:32:53 CEST 2006

let's keep in the on the pd list since it might be of general interest.

On Jun 15, 2006, at 8:59 AM, Ramirez Hugo Francisco wrote:

> Dear Hans-Christoph Steiner
> I Have an Arduino board that I want to use
> for my thesis project. with this board I
> want to control LED arrays with PD.
> I have gone through your PD patches such as:
> arduino.pd and arduino-help.pd
> But i really do not know how to do something with the patch
> or waht should I do in order to control de pins.

To control an LED, first you need to set the pin to output mode.  You
do that with the yellow bar at the top of the help patch.  Select
which pin, then turn on the yellow toggle.  That will turn on output
mode for that pin.  Now you can send the bitmasks.  See the [pd
sending digital outs] subpatch I added to the arduino-help.pd

I just fixed up the object and help patch to make this clearer.  I
attached the new version, along with [bytemask] and [debytemask] to
make this stuff easier.

> Another thing is that my arduino is conected to the 11th
> COMPORT, so I do not know how change the settings in your
> patch that only supports like 4 COMPORTs.

The newest version of the [comport] object, which [arduino] is based
on, supports up to 99 comports, just try higher numbers in an [open
( message, i.e. [open 5( or [open 23(.