[PD] gem windows stability questions

ingo randolf ingo at subnet.at
Tue Jun 20 18:43:03 CEST 2006

hello.

can somebody give me some hints to make my patch more stable?

my system:
winXP
dualcore 3GHz intel
1 GB RAM
gem 0.90.1

im using the [pix_film] object to play some movies (quicktime: 1024x768
25fps - foto-jpg compression). im using [auto 0] and trigger every
single frame by a [metro 40] according to the length of the movie.

if the movie is loaded and plays the patch is stable, it seems that
there is some problem when i load a new moviefile. thats the most
propable situation for a crash.

is this a problem with quicktime?
can i unload a loaded movie before loading a new file?
which codec should i use if i use avi? is there difference in stability?

thanks for help.
~io