[PD] Re: Question 3 regarding PDuino patch

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Jun 21 16:56:20 CEST 2006

On Jun 20, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Ramirez Hugo Francisco wrote:

> Mensaje citado por Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at eds.org>:
>

>> Set the baud rate to 9600 with a [baud 9600( message to [comport].
>>
>> On Windows, [comport] was somewhat broken until recently, especially
>> for writing.  You'll need the latest test release to get the working
>> version:
>>
>> http://at.or.at/hans/pd/installers.html
>>
>> .hc
>>
>> On Jun 19, 2006, at 10:12 AM, Ramirez Hugo Francisco wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Hans and Pd-list people.
>>> After doing some research through the patch
>>> I Have found that the comport is recognized
>>> and it will be opened, but the baud rate is 0!!!
>>> what seems to be the problem then?
>>>
>>> Best Regards
>>> Hugo Ramírez

>> ---
>>
>>                    ¡El pueblo unido jamás será vencido!
>>

> Dear Hans.
> I have done everything what you told me.
> even I installed the PD extended test and uninstalled the older
> version.
> now it happens that is not even opening the comport!!!.
> I get this kind of messages:
> [comport] invalid handle for COM
> WriteFile error: 6
> Write error, maybe TX-OVERRUNS on serial line
> WriteFile error: 6
>
> comport open 0, baud 0 not valid (args: [portnum] [baud])
> could you help me again?
> Best Regards
> Hugo Ramírez

Hey,

Let's keep this on the list since this might be of general interest.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the port numbering has changed on
Windows.  I think it didn't make sense to have COM1 = 0, COM2 = 1,
COM3 = 2, etc.  So its been remapped for Windows: 0 = COM0(doesn't
exist), 1 = COM1, 2 = COM2, etc.  I suppose 0 = COM1 just for
backwards compatibility.

Try using [open 1(.