[PD] Re: Serious development (was re: Puredance)

carmen _ at whats-your.name
Wed Jun 28 20:29:41 CEST 2006

> Tomorrow on 29th June at Jongleurs, Bow Wharf, London E3 @ 6pm

if i was anywhere near Bow i'd be checking this out, for sure..

if you dont mind, im interested in quoting a few bits that you saw fit to put on the webpage, but not mention the list. we all love criticism!!

"a number of pitfalls, not so much to do with Pd as a language but the present state of its development. The most annoying thing was finding things working on one platform but missing or broken on another. Many compromises were needed to get the application working on the target architecture. All that is missing now in Pd for serious development is is a "compile" button to turn a project into an executable image with embedded resources for a GUI toolkit of choice."

if there was anything that was a serious roadbloack, let's hear it..since, we really want this thing to be able to scale to a park full of dance pads, one day...