[PD] command line arguments for Pd 0.39 on OSX

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Jul 1 02:14:46 CEST 2006

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> when i start pd from the shell, i usually use "pd -lib bla patch.pd"
> when i start pd from a script, i usually use "pd -lib bla -open patch.pd"

Bash parses and runs a script exactly the same as something on the
commandline (with the possible exceptions of "!" and "#" but that's not
relevant here)

You must mean .pdrc, which is *not* run as a shell script. However, I have
just tried without -open and it still works the same. The main difference
between .pdrc and bash (both script and commandline) is that .pdrc lacks
quoting, which makes it not possible to specify spaces in paths because
what pd parses "foo bar" as, bash would get it from "\"foo" "bar\"".