[PD] Pd farm equipment has arrived

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Fri Jul 14 05:08:38 CEST 2006

So I now have 10 of these machines to dedicate to various OS
installed for automated Pd builds:

http://h18002.www1.hp.com/products/quickspecs/10023_div/10023_div.HTML

They are P-III 700s, mostly with 128 MB of RAM.  If anyone has any
PC100 or PC133 RAM, 64MB, 128MB, or 256MB chips they want to donate
to this cause, I will gladly accept donations.   You can just mail
them to me.

I just installed Debian on two of them, one will be running stable
and the other testing (or does it make more sense to run
unstable?).   I will also install Windows 2000 on one, and perhaps
WinXP.  I was thinking of installing Ubuntu and Fedora Core on two
others since people expressed interest in working on them.  I also
have two PowerMac G3s running nothing and a PowerMac G4 running
10.3.9 to add to the mix.

If anyone is serious about maintaining Pd on any free OS, I will
happily install that OS, provided its not time consuming.  Then I
will give shell access too.  Ideally, each one of these machines will
run an auto-build for that platform.

Its install-o-rama time... and my laptop is on the fritz, so I'll be
working on that too.  I'll gladly accept donations of a MacBook,
provided that you've ripped the Treacherous Computing hardware out of
it ;).