[PD] switch between edit and run modes

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Jul 16 12:28:56 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Heinrich Von Linden hat gesagt: // Heinrich Von Linden wrote:

> i'm i newbie in pd business, so i have a silly little question: how do i
> switch between edit and run mode. i have found the only way to get to run
> mode is to open pd-file. after getting to edit mode from the menu item i
> can't get back to run mode. am i missing something?

I was about to point you to the html-manual for an explanation but it
turns out, that this really basic operation is *not* covered in the
html-manual! I'll file a bug report.

Anyway to get in and out of edit mode you use the same Menu entry. It
acts like a toggle. But nobody is using the Menu entry for this,
because you can also use the keyboard shortcut: "Ctrl-e" to toggle
between edit and run mode, which is much faster and will soon become
second nature.

Ciao