[PD] Number of Creation Arguments of an Abstraction

sokratesla ugurguney at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 15:48:13 CEST 2006

# Hi all,
# is there a way of knowing the number of creation arguments of an
abstraction in the scope of the abstraction while loading it.
# I want to load the parameters of an abstraction from a file. But if no
arguments are given, default parameters will be loaded.

ex:
[abst]
[abst param1.dat]

# I made something like this:

[loadbang]

[symbol $1]

[read $1(

[qlist]

etc.

# But, of course, this gives an error when there are no creation arguments.
error: : can't open
error: : read failed

# So, I thought that, if there exists some mechanism to know about the
number of creation arguments, like argc and argv variables in C, the
abstraction can behave according to it.
# By the way, this error is harmless but getting an error every time
creating that abstraction seems uncomfortable.

-ugur guney-