[Pd] Infernal symbols

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Aug 6 12:39:31 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Chuckk Hubbard hat gesagt: // Chuckk Hubbard wrote:

> I got it.
>
> [sonofa(
> |
> [symbol]
> |
> [add $1]
>
> I won't ask why, because I won't understand any more than last time I read
> it.

If you really don't want to know the details (but is
http://puredata.info/dev/PdMessages too hard to understand?) and just
have a good time with messages, a catch-all object to deal with this
problem is [list].

It will work for float-messages, symbol-messages and meta-messages and
generally do The Right Thing (tm)

 [sonofa(

 | [3.14(
 |/[what the heck(
 |/
 [list]

 [add $1(

will print: "add sonofa", "add 3.14" or "add what" depending on which
message you clicked.

Note that you generally don't want to use [list] in front of [route].
There you generally want to have the opposite object: [list trim]. As
in:

 [list trim]

 [route freq vol]

Ciao