[PD] OT: collectives in america?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Aug 9 08:33:48 CEST 2006

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Kevin McCoy wrote:

> I've been enjoying looking around the sites of different groups/events
> in Europe that have formed around free software (Pd in particular), like
> APO33, OpenLab, goto10, etc... are there any that are operating in the
> U.S.?  I just haven't come across any yet.

What about CANADA ?

Artengine (Ottawa/Gatineau)
Vidéographe (Montréal)
Studio XX (Montréal)
Interaccess (Toronto)

... are artist-run centres that have not been formed around free software
and/or Pd, but have come to sympathise a lot. All of them organise Pd
workshops once in a while. Vidéographe organises the biggest Pd workshops
in the world (that I heard about; goto10 comes close). This brings me to
my next point:

   PureData Convention 2007 *will* be in Montréal.

and then, Montréal has got pretty much the biggest Pd user group meetings
in the world, apart from Graz or not, depending on how it's measured.