[Pd] externals

geiger geiger at xdv.org
Thu Aug 10 22:56:17 CEST 2006

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> > well, i have seen worse on the puredata.org page. all the links work,
> > and point to the right resource.
>
> But they are links to stuff that is deprecated and not maintained,
> like the "externals" binary collection.

So you think Millers site is deprecated and not maintained, or are you
just exagerating to get the point over ?

> puredata.org/dev is not documentation, so it does not belong in the
> docs section.   Developer docs go in docs/developer.  /dev/ is for
> things related to development, like links to the trackers, wiki pages
> for certain projects (Gem, PDDP, etc).

I would like to put puredata.org/dev in shape, but its not that easy,
as I just do not understand its structure. I would probably remodel
it after the pure-data.sf site, and you wouldn't like it.
We would end up in endless discussions who is right, you wouldn' t give
in ...

I felt responsible for pure-data.sf.net, you tell me that I do not
maintain it and that it out of date, exagerating to get your point over,
I give in, you tell me I should fix the mess you created.
defend my self