[PD] Re: OSC & network stuff

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Aug 17 07:40:00 CEST 2006

On Aug 16, 2006, at 4:30 PM, Martin Peach wrote:

> B. Bogart wrote:
>> Martin,
>>
>> Were you able to do a check-in?
>>
> I just did some adds and commits...In the directory mrpeach there
> should be net, osc and sqosc~
> net contains the tcp and udp net objects.
> osc contains routeOSC, packOSC and unpackOSC
> sqosc~ contains the bandlimited pwm object.
> Help files are also included. I guess I need to do the makefiles
> next, but they are simple to compile, with no dependencies besides
> pd and math.

I just made a small commit to your code, I hope you don't mind.  I
just added one missing line to some of the net .c files so that they
would compile on Mac OS X:

#include <sys/types.h>

Also, I added mrpeach to the Pd-extended build system and added a
Makefile to externals/mrpeach.  This Makefile works on GNU/Linux, Mac
OS X, and Windows/MinGW without modification.  Feel free to replace
it or edit it, of course its your code, but I think it'll work well
for you.  The "mrpeach" targets are in externals/Makefile, so if you
add examples or a manual, you can have them automatically installed
by uncommenting some stuff there.

One last thing, just like Java or C++, with Pd, the classes should be
in a file named exactly like the class.  So the "x_net_" should be
stripped off.  This makes building much easier, as well as making
things generally neat.

.hc