[PD] Appel de soumission TEDDI (fwd)

David Powers cyborgk at gmail.com
Sat Aug 19 00:21:23 CEST 2006

Here is the babelfish translation, not accurate but at least gives a
general idea of what the workshop is about. I love how Pure Data
becomes "Pure Dated"...

Could the French speakers provide a better translation of the part
dealing with who is allowed to apply and the application materials.
And given that this is in French, is the entire thing in French?
Obviously a workshop in a language I don't know isn't going to be so
helpful.

PROJECT TEDDI - Expressive Processing Of Data-processing Data -
Vidéographe, through its interactive section the PARK, offers a single
project of training and creation in interactive media to the creators
of media arts. Project TEDDI aims at giving the artists independent of
new knowledge enabling them to ensure the development of their career.
The participants will acquerront theoretical knowledge and a practical
experiment of the techniques allowing of measurement and to control,
by means of information processing systems, various aspects of a
physical environment. By carrying out the bridge between the virtual
one and the physique, the participants will be brought to redefine
their means of interaction with the computer. During the formation,
the participants will familiarize themselves with the free operating
system Linux and language of graphic programming, so free, Pure Dated
to him. The formation will be copied on the three stages of the loop
of the interactivity: listening, treatment and the expression.
Listening: A first series of workshops proposes an exploration of the
techniques making it possible to the participant to control or measure
certain aspects of a physical environment thanks to a micro-computer,
a microcontrolor, sensors and basic knowledge in electronics.
Treatment: The second part of the formation carries out the bridge
between the physique and the virtual one using the Pure software
Dated, and proposes several methods for effective interpretation of
the resencées data. The expression: The last stage of the formation
explores the contexts of presentation of one opens interactive as well
as the expressive capacities of audio-visual and the interactivity.
The whole will be preceded by exercises of scenarisation of the
interactivity. Project TEDDI will offer to the present: The project .
A formation adding up 100 hours. . A technical support at the time of
the formations and the period of individual creation. . A framing
artistic - support and critical - at the time of the period of
individual creation. . A management offered by trainers and recognized
artists of the interactive media. . An access to the possibilities of
production of Vidéographe - equipment, rooms of production and other
tools for creation. The cost of inscription to this formation is 250 $
Conditions of admissibility: Who can present a dossier . Any artist,
autonomous worker and cultural worker having with his credit at least
one opens independent in audio, video art or in new media. . To
control the various operating systems, the knowledge of LINUX is an
asset. . To have a good knowledge in video or audio assembly
numerical. . To be entirely available at the time of the periods of
formation and individual creation. . To be able to learn and create in
a collective environment. Documents to forward to us: . Your
candidates' file duly filled and accompanied by visual documentation
requested. . Your CV - maximum three pages. Go back to fallen and
method from sending from the files The date of fallen for the
reception from the candidatures is on August 25, 2006 You must forward
your file either by the post office, or by courriel or directly at our
offices with: Vidéographe 4550 street Garnier Montreal, QC H2J 3S7
Courriel: cat.bechard at sympatico.ca If you send your file by the post
office, the seal of station is taken of the dispatch date. If you
deposit your file at our offices, this last must reach us on August 25
before 6 p.m.. If you send your file by courriel this one must be