[PD] OT: any advice on HP notebook for PD visuals?

Paris Treantafeles paris at parisgraphics.com
Mon Aug 28 16:52:18 CEST 2006

Hello List,

Sorry for yet another laptop question (there are many in the
archives), but since specs change often, I thought I'd ask.

I'm in need of a new laptop.
I use Pd/Gem/PiDiP/Gridflow for visuals and run Debian.

My preferences are:

1. AMD processor
2. NVidia graphics (only because I have had trouble getting s-video
output with ATI)
3. s-video output

This has led me to some variations of what HP has to offer, for
example the dv6000 series:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/computer_series.do?
storeName=computer_store&category=notebooks/hp_pavilion/
dv6000_series&series_name=dv6000z_series&catLevel=3&tab_switch=true&tab=
specs

Has anyone used this or similar for Pd visuals? Any advice, good or bad?

Thanks!
paris